Automated encapsulation and leak testing station for nucleic acids and biospecimens
The Bioshielder Power© station provides encapsulation and leak testing of DNA and RNA samples and other biospecimens in DNAshell® and RNAshell® capsules.
The operation of the station is fully automated.
After encapsulation, the samples, protected from the alteration factors, can be kept at room temperature for several decades.
The Bioshielder Power© station includes an encapsulation station and a separate leak control station. It allows the encapsulation of DNA, RNA and biospecimens according to the process developed by Imagene, and in particular:
- Secondary drying of samples
- Reading 2D codes of minicapsules
- Closing minicapsules with a stainless steel cap
- Laser welding of caps, without temperature rise of the samples
- Checking the tightness of each minicapsule
The encapsulation data is saved and exportable (csv file).
- Production capacity: up to 50 racks of 96 minicapsules per day.
- Operation in a sealed chamber under an anhydrous and anoxic atmosphere (argon 90% / helium 10%, <1 ppm H2O and O2)
- Supply voltage 400 V three-phase, 50 Hz
- Operating temperature from 0 °C to 50 °C
- Storage temperature from -20 °C to + 70 °C
- Relative humidity 20% – 90% (non-condensing)